There’s no question about it - YouTube has revolutionized the world of online video. Offering endless opportunities for content creators to successfully grow their channels.
But, with more than 500 hours of video content uploaded to YouTube every minute, it’s hard to stand out from the crowd.
So, how can you cut through the noise and grab people’s attention?
One way to attract attention is to add awesome intros onto your YouTube videos.
We’ll take you through how to make a YouTube intro using MotionDen’s templates, including a few tips for making it great.
Let’s start by exploring a few of the reasons why you might want to consider creating a YouTube video intro.
You can instantly create a free personalized intro instantly using Motionden's online intro maker
Why you should have a YouTube intro video
Firstly, what is a YouTube intro video?
A YouTube intro is a short (5-30 second) clip that is placed at the beginning of each video that is uploaded to your channel.
It’s typically used to set the tone of the channel or to provide a glimpse into the type of content that the viewer can expect. Giving them some context before they reach the main content.
Just like anything in life, the right beginning is so important. It’s your only chance to grab attention and hook your viewers.
Apart from that, there are a few other benefits that come with including YouTube intros.
Some of the reasons to start adding intros to your videos include:
- They make it easier for your viewers to identify your channel by reinforcing your brand.
- They increase the professionalism of your videos, helping them stand out from other content creators.
- They help grow your channel by cutting through the noise and making sure your videos get noticed.
- They help build trust. Viewers will come to know what to expect from you and your videos if you are consistent. Trust is built through consistency.
- They can be informative. They can share important information like your upload schedule, your name, social handles, or any details about your channel that you need viewers to know about.
- They can help quickly increase your subscriber count by adding a ‘Subscribe Now’ button in your intros and outros.
To make sure that your intro video is truly adding value to your content, you need to make sure that it’s a good intro. You can add a few engagement elements to your YouTube intro to really make it a showstopper.
Tips for making a hot YouTube intro video
With 2 billion YouTube users watching YouTube content, you need to find the best way to grab their attention.
If you want your content to stand out, it needs to be eye-catching, powerful and immediately captivating. Your viewers need to be hooked within the first few seconds to keep them watching - and to leave them wanting more.
Think of intros like your channel trademark.
So, what makes a good intro?
- Short and sweet: keep your intros under 10 seconds (any more than that and people may click away). Just enough time to introduce your channel or video topic and to get your viewers excited about it. Short, punchy and memorable.
- Limit your copy: your copy should be short and snackable. Too much text is hard to read.
- Visually engaging: include pops of color, bold animations, and video clips that keep viewers glued to their screens.
- Sound: include a distinctive jingle that allows viewers to be able to identify you without visual cues.
- Reflects your brand: brand identity is one of the key elements of a successful YouTube intro. You can ensure brand consistency by including key elements in your YouTube intro video, such as your channel name, logo, and font, as well as any hashtags or website links you want people to see.
- Identification: make sure that your intro shows your audience who they’re watching, what your channel is about, and where they can find you. Always include your channel name or logo.
- Placement: be sure to have your intro video placed somewhere within the first minute of your video, so it doesn’t break up the rest of your content.
Don’t forget about an outro! You can use an outro to easily showcase other videos on your channel or add in a CTA like ‘Subscribe Now’ to gain more subscribers or ‘Learn More’ to drive traffic to your website.
Something else to remember:
You’ll be using your intro over and over again. So make it good and make sure it reflects your brand.
The idea of creating such a strong intro can seem daunting at first. But, creating a pro-level intro doesn’t need to break the bank or become too complicated. Check out our YouTube intro maker for some inspiration.
With the right template, it’s easier than you think.
Grab your audience’s attention in an instant
Slick intros are the best way to grab your viewer’s attention and keep them watching. It’s also a great way to grow your brand and strengthen your brand identity.
If you want your audience to immediately recognize your content - you need to start including intros!
Our YouTube intro templates make it easy to start your videos with a bang. No fancy software required
How to make a YouTube intro with Motionden
Making awesome YouTube intro videos doesn’t need to be time-consuming or expensive. The Motionden YouTube intro templates are the perfect place to get started.
Our online intro maker allows you to create powerful animated intros for your YouTube channel in just minutes. And on a budget!
No complicated software needed. All our templates are super easy to edit - meaning you can fully customize your intro to fit your brand identity.
The old-school way to making an intro for your YouTube channel involved downloading big intro template files and editing them using complicated, expensive software like Adobe After Effects or Cinema 4D are long gone.
It’s up to you how far you want to go. You can either start simple with only adding your channel name and logo or go further and customize the images, videos, sounds and animations.
Here’s your step-by-step guide to creating a free YouTube intro video on Motionden:
- Head over to Motionden and login or create a new account.
- Browse through our YouTube intro templates and choose your favorite that also works well with your brand identity.
- Start making the intro your own by adding your own images and video clips or choose from our media library. Remember to keep in line with your branding colors and theme.
- You can also select background music and customize the text.
- Edit the parts that you want, and delete the parts that you don’t need.
- Happy with your design? Hit ‘Make Video’ on the top right corner.
- You’ll find your video sitting on your dashboard almost instantly.
Your YouTube intro video is ready. So quick and simple.
Now all you have to do is download it (or upload straight to YouTube) and start including it on all of the content that you upload to YouTube.
First impressions matter, and as a content creator you want every aspect of your video to be the highest quality it can be.
Having a resource like Motionden will allow you to do just that while also saving you time and headaches.
Why is Motionden the best YouTube intro maker? Here are a few reasons:
- It’s free!
- It’s all done online - no software required.
- It’s quick and easy to use.
- Videos are all fully customizable.
- We have plenty of YouTube intro video templates to choose from. Catering for all types of branding styles and themes.
Our intro videos also come in the right specs...
YouTube Intro specifications
Our templates are all ready to upload straight to YouTube with no additional formatting required. So you don’t need to worry about the YouTube specifications.
But, if you’re using another software, there are a few things to be aware of:
- Minimum size: 426 x 240 pixels
- Maximum size: 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Maximum of 128 gigabytes
- Aspect ratios: 16:9 and 4:3 (we recommend using 16x9 aspect ratio - the most popular aspect ratio on YouTube)
- YouTube supports standard video formats of MP4 and MOV.
- Your video can be up to 12 hours long - but that’s not an intro! We recommend sticking to under 10-seconds. You don’t want to bore your audience before your main video has even started!
Give your videos the best chance to get noticed with gripping YouTube intros, made with Motionden’s templates.