Are your YouTube video intros less than amazing? Have you been struggling to find the best tool to help your videos stand out, while still showcasing your brand?
Creating content doesn’t have to be difficult.
In this post, you will find the best tools out there to help you create amazing video intros.
Here is a list of the top 13 intro tools we’ll be covering in this article:
- Tube Arsenal
- Intro Maker
- Adobe Spark
There's a lot of platforms to pick from, but don’t get overwhelmed. We'll take a look at the pros and cons for each of these to help you find the perfect fit.
Below, you’re going to discover a breakdown of some of the best intro maker software tools available online.
Because you deserve a fair shot at YouTube success.
TLDR; Best 3 Overall
Best free inro maker - Intro Maker
Who doesn’t like free? For those who may be just starting out, free is good. While there are many free options out there that you can use to create your video intro, Intro Maker allows you unlimited access to create free videos at no cost to you. Like other free options, this does mean a watermark, but you can’t beat free!
Best budget intro maker- Panzoid
For most of us, budget is top of mind when it comes to our business. However, not every video tool gives you enough flexibility. You need to have enough options to stay within that budget. When it comes to finding the best option, Panzoid offers monthly and annual subscription plans. That means you can get what you need and keep your budget right where it needs to be.
Best intro maker overall - Motionden
Perfect for the beginner and the experienced alike, Motionden offers the best of everything. There is no need to search through multiple sites. Find exactly what you need, easily create a video in just minutes, all while staying within your budget. With Motionden you can create professional videos without the headache.
Why are video intros a must-have for your business?
Videos are the best way to get information about a product or service. Choosing to use a video intro also allows you to showcase your brand quickly and easily. The right video sets the tone for your content and gets your viewers excited about what’s to come.
The goal is to get them to stay and view your content, not click away before they’ve seen all the amazing things you have to offer. Creating just the right intro can help do exactly that.
So what makes a great video intro?
You want your intro videos to work for you and showcase your content. It’s easier than you think. So how can you achieve this?
- Avoid making it too long - you want your intro to be no more than 5-10 seconds or they may lose interest
- Make it engaging - use catchy music, relevant clips, and interesting transitions to capture their attention and keep them connected
- Add value to your content - make sure your video directly relates to and enhances your content
- Connect it with your brand - add visuals like your company’s colors, logo, or even yourself!
- Be professional - your brand and your image matter, so stand out in the best way by using a tool that gives your video intro that professional edge
Engaging intros = YouTube success. They grab your viewer’s attention and keep them coming back again and again. Successful YouTubers use the right intro to gain followers, as well as build trust and familiarity with their brand. You can have a chance at the same success by creating the best videos possible for your content.
According to a 2019 survey from Wyzowl, “YouTube remains the most widely used platform for video marketers, with 85% of video marketers having used it in 2019.” It is expected that in 2020, it will continue to be “the main social channel for video marketing.”
Shameless plug alert! Curious about what this looks like? Here’s a peek at our Best Tool Overall, Motionden, and some jaw-dropping intros you can use to help boost your content:
Now that you know why video intros are a must-have for your business, it’s time for you to find the tool that will help you succeed. Let’s go ahead and dig in to our top 13. Keep in mind, only you can decide which one is best for your business. To help you make that decision, here is a breakdown of the pros and cons of each video intro tool.
Motionden offers fully-customizable templates to create your own video intro. They offer no-hassle software to quickly and easily create what you need.
- Easily search through a wide selection of ready-to-go templates to find one that’s just right for you - https://motionden.com/templates/category/intro-templates
- It only takes minutes, no prior experience needed, to edit and customize your videos
- You can find payment options that suit your needs and your budget - choose from free, pay per template, or monthly subscription options
- You can download your video to your computer or upload it directly to YouTube
- Create as many videos as you’d like, all for free, without ever having to share your credit card information!
- The free option means that your video will have a watermark, but you can remove it with a small fee
- No 3D video options were available at the time this was published
Filmora is a video-editing software from Wondershare that is available for Mac or Windows. You can choose from monthly, annual, or lifetime subscription options.
- Intuitive and easy to use for beginners
- They offer a variety of presets and over 800 different effects
- Edits can be made quickly and easily for a fast turnaround
- Compatible with almost any device including iOS and Android
- The free download adds a watermark to anything you export
- There aren’t many audio files to choose from, which can make it difficult to match the audio with the video you create
- The advanced and professional options are limited and better for those who only need the basics
- You can expect to deal with the hassle of logging in over and over to access different areas of the platform
Renderforest offers video intro creation, as well as logos, mockups and websites. You can create broadcast quality videos for a reasonable price.
- No need to download any software - everything is available online
- A free version is available
- You can animate your videos with little or no prior knowledge
- You’re able to control the music and voice overs at the same time
- You expect to pay extra fees for special features and upgrades
- No offline editing features are available at this time, so you will always need to be connected to the internet
- Tutorials can be confusing and sometimes hard to find, which is not a plus for beginners
- There are a limited number of slides available per template
- For those who want a video-only platform, this platform may be more than you need
Invipid lets you create simple video intros as well as greeting cards. You can create them using photos, videos, or even text.
- Their basic three-step process of creation makes it easy for beginners
- Affordable pricing plan options are available
- They offer fun, offbeat templates and tools
- You can easily access your videos in the cloud
- The finished product can feel less professional and polished than other video tools
- There are not enough templates or advanced options to choose from
- Processing times can be time-consuming and unreliable
- There is no free version available at this time
Panzoid offers video intro creation with monthly or annual options through a credit system.
- You can start from scratch or choose from a selection of ready-made templates
- They offer affordable plan options for those who are on a budget
- Their fun 3D animation tool allows you to create a stand-out video
- This platform is a great option for beginners
- Because there is no backup system in place, your work does not save, and you risk losing your work if you’re not careful
- The intro templates available are not copyrighted
- The template library is limited, so you may not find an option that works best for you
- No options are available for those who are looking for advanced animation design
FlixPress offers both free and paid plans to help you create a wide variety of videos including intros, slideshows and ads.
- Their time saving, straightforward setup allows you create something easily without the hassle
- It’s easy to save your videos directly to the cloud
- No software downloads are needed to access the site and start creating videos right away
- The pricing plans they offer can be confusing and frustrating
- Not many template options are included with their free plan
- You won’t find anything flashy or extra here - this tool is strictly business
- The website and the templates can feel dated
7. Tube Arsenal
Tube Arsenal is a non-subscription based tool that lets you pay per video you make. You can create a fully-customized intro online.
- Free training is available to get you familiar with the process and help prevent frustration
- You don’t need to have a lot of experience in creating videos which makes it easy for beginners
- There is no need to own or maintain software since you download only the templates you need
- Their platform is well-organized to make it quick and easy to find the template you want to use
- The customization for their templates is limited, so it may not work for those who want a more complex design
- If you have more than one brand to make videos for, you can end up paying more than a subscription-based option
- There is no option currently available to create HD video content without incurring an extra cost
- Navigating the site can sometimes be difficult
Make video intros or outros on this simple video platform. You can use your phone, computer, or tablet to create your videos with this online option.
- One of the simplest options out there, you can quickly master video creation, no matter what your experience level
- The site is easy to navigate and you can quickly find what you need
- There are only two plans to choose from - free and premium
- The free option is very limited and will add a watermark to your videos
- They do not offer an option at this time to create 3D videos
- There are not a lot of bells and whistles when it comes to customizing your videos, so if you’re looking for something really eye catching this may not be for you
- If you aren’t creating videos on a regular basis, the overall price per video may be higher and not worth the cost
9. Intro Maker
Choose from either free or pay-per-template options to create your intro video.
- This platform is perfect for those who want a simple, basic design that is visually appealing
- They offer full HD options for all of their video templates
- You can find templates that work well for both business and personal uses
- You’ll find that it’s easy to use while still giving you a professional result
- The free template options are very limited
- Their videos are only offered in a 2D format
- The templates they do have are not very customizable
- You can only download templates through your personal email, which can be a frustrating extra step
This web-based video design tool offers simple animation tools for your intro videos. You can choose templates for personal or business use.
- You are able to make your animated videos quickly and easily, without any hassle
- You can save and reuse your favorites, such as colors or logos, to use over and over again
- They offer numerous color, font, and template options
- MP4 and HD options are available
- There are no free options, only a 7 day free trial, so it may not work if you plan to continue making videos
- During the free trial, you are not able to download any of your designs unless you choose a paid plan
- Because the options that are available for design are simple, you won’t be able to create anything more than a flat-lay design
- Some of their features are hard to find if you don’t know they are there
IntroCave allows you to choose from one of their base videos and customize it to your needs.
- You don’t need to have a lot of experience to use this tool
- The navigation is easy and user-friendly
- There is a free option for those with a limited budget, you just need to be OK having a watermark on your videos
- You can create a high-quality visual product with special particle effects
- No matter what your focus: music, gaming, business, or tech, there is a video option for you
- The only way to get HD videos or to remove the watermark is with a paid option
- The site is popular with YouTubers, so you may end up with a template that someone else is using
- The site’s payment system operates solely through PayPal, so without an account you will have to sign up for one
12. Adobe Spark
This intro maker, from the creators of Photoshop, Adobe Spark has both mobile and desktop options.
- There is no need to spend hours creating your video, this is one of the quickest options
- It’s perfect for groups collaborating on the same project because it allows for team edits or an outside editor
- You can choose from thousands of free icons and images to make something that is unique to your brand
- It’s easy to personalize your video with your brand’s font, colors and logo
- The free plan option is far too limited
- The free templates are not the best looking, so you will end up having to pay extra for something that visually stands out
- The templates are not sorted by free and paid options, so you may find something you like only to discover it’s not free
- The style wheel is fun to use, but it’s easy to get overwhelmed if you’re not careful
- Once you resize an image, it’s hard to go back to the original format
IntroChamp doesn’t require any software downloads. You can create video intros or outros, or even logo animation.
- With plenty of choices and well-organized categories, you can easily find the template for you
- You only pay for what you need with a pay-per-template setup
- You don’t need any prior experience to create a video
- You can download your videos in HD in multiple format options
- While there are a lot of templates to choose from, the options for customization are few
- If you’re looking for a free option, you won’t find one
- No subscription plans are available, so if you need to create videos frequently, it could get expensive
Which one is your favorite?
You’ve seen what options are out there. Now it’s time to take action!
Whether you choose one of our favorites, or go with one that feels right for you, you’re ready to create an amazing intro video.
Why wait any longer? Take a look at our video intro template collection and get started making your first video intro now!
1) MotionDen 9.5/10
Visit MotionDen: https://motionden.com/
MotionDen is the video software you’ve always wanted, but didn’t know existed. Seriously
MotionDen is an online intro maker that makes it downright effortless for anyone to create an animated video online.
Even if you’ve never made a video in your life, you’ll have no trouble using MotionDen.
- Select your favorite video design
- Customize it to your heart’s content using our simple video editor
- Once finished, the video can be downloaded right to your computer or uploaded straight to YouTube
The user interface is simple and straightforward.
Needless to say, our online intro editor is drop-dead simple to use. In fact, it’s the simplest intro maker in the world.
What makes it even better? We’re completely free to use.
Yes, that’s right.
MotionDen is 100% free to use, forever. We allow users to create animated videos for free, and never even ask for credit card information.
To remove our video watermark, users are required to pay a small one-time fee, or even can opt-in to our cheap subscription service for even bigger discounts.
The pricing is the lowest in the business. You can expect to pay as little as $2 for a YouTube intro.
As an overall package, it is impossible to lose with MotionDen.
- Cheapest online intro maker
- Fastest video creator
- Easiest to use
- Offers free intro maker plan
- No 3D templates at the time of this publishing
- Other services offer more videos
We’ve listed our competitors below so you can make your own judgment.
2) RenderForest 7.5/10
Visit Renderforest: https://www.renderforest.com/
There is a lot of hype for Renderforest.
In fact, it is safe to say that the software is likely the most popular at this point in time.
It just works.
The popular video making software, while still rough around the edges might just be your pick if you’re looking for a huge library of intro designs and don’t mind a poor user interface, or paying hefty fees for video upgrades.
Renderforest offers limited features to free users. Furthermore, if you use Renderforest and aren’t very internet-savvy, be prepared to spend more time understanding how the video editor works than actually making a video.
Ultimately, it gets the job done, which is all that matters for some users.
The software is more expensive than usual.
If you want to remove a video watermark, you’re going to be paying a hefty fee for a single video ($10 per low definition video, up to $20 extra to make it high definition).
- Want the watermark removed? That is going to cost you 10 bucks.
- Want high definition video? Add another $20 to your checkout.
You can expect to pay up-to $30-45 for a single intro using RenderForest, versus $5-12 with MotionDen, or slightly more using other alternatives below.
Main selling point
Like many other services, Renderforest’s strongest selling point is its large library of videos.
There is no shortage of intros, outros, explainer videos, real estate listing videos, app promo videos, the list goes on.
This is likely what makes the program so popular among YouTube content creators and business owners alike.
Truly, there is very little you cannot do with Renderforest, once you figure it out.
Unfortunately, free videos are low-quality (360p compared to MotionDen’s 720p) and they’ll come with a horrendous watermark.
Want to give RenderForest a try? Here are some Renderforest coupon codes for our readers, courtesy of MotionDen.
Also, the free video export feature they have is a great, but it isn’t enough to make Renderforest the leader in online video creation, considering exports would be only 360P.
If the price was far less expensive, and the interface was smoother, it might be worth it. Otherwise, it isn’t our cup of tea.
- Big library of videos
- The editor and user interface are both fairly rough
- Limited features for free users
- Expensive video upgrades
3) VideoBolt 8/10
Visit VideoBolt: https://videobolt.net/
VideoBolt is designed to deliver a simplistic solution to the user. It definitely does a good job in that specific area.
Generally, most people will be able to create a video with this software within a few minutes.
Main selling point
VideoBolt does an amazing job marketing itself with fancy video ads and a beautiful interface, its easy to see why people would sign up and start using the service.
You don’t need much experience to use the service, and the editor is simple enough for the average person to use, however, it is also a little rough to use.
While VideoBolt does a great job attracting visitors, many are turned away by their horrendous pricing, which usually starts at $30 per single intro video.
Also, the cheapest subscription plan is $70 per month, whereas MotionDen is $18 per month.
See the difference?
It’s also important to note that VideoBolt offers top-grade video designs. If you’re willing to pay $70 per video price-tag, you’ll certainly get a high-quality intro animation along with it.
On another note, it’s important to note that there are few tutorials regarding the tool, which makes it difficult to learn how to use it.
The editor isn’t the hardest to use, but it isn’t fluid either.
- Great quality videos
- Website interface is among the best
- Most expensive tool of all
- Hard-to-use editor
- Few tutorials on how to use
4) RendrFX 6/10
Visit RendrFX: Update (12/09/18): Renderforest has since shut down.
RendrFX has the right idea.
This tool makes it possible for users to create their custom animated videos all while utilizing their own media (images, videos etc). Plus, they give users access to a large library of templates, but the software isn’t without its downfalls.
The effects available are fairly limited. And, the user interface would almost remind you of the average website during 2004.
Plans are too expensive. $50 per month is more than the average subscription service, and unfortunately they don’t offer a pay-as-you-go option for those who only want to make a single video and move on.
It’s impossible to see video designs without first signing up, which is annoying for many users who hate having their inbox spammed with sales emails.
Most people prefer simple-to-use tools which offer pay-as-you-go (or even free plans) which is why RendrFX is not the best intro maker of 2017 and ranks among the lowest, even though its editor is among the simplest.
- Great variety of video designs
- Video designs are outdated
- Editor works, but is limited and hard to use compared to other tools
5) Ivipid 6.8/10
Visit Ivipid: https://ivipid.com
Ivipid isn’t much different from the alternatives. The software gives you the ability to create your own personalized video in just three simplistic steps.
Plus, it offers plenty of customizable options. Once you’ve finished everything, the video will be stored in the Cloud.
This makes it easily accessible from almost anywhere. Unfortunately, you can see the problem as soon as you visit the company’s website.
The control panel is old and needs serious updating. Plus, the video processing is too time-consuming and unreliable. Sometimes, you can create the same video three times for it only to work once.
Ivipid has a good concept and plenty of options, but it falls flat where it matters the most and that is performance.
It has too many flaws that will wind up frustrating the user to no end.
- Simple to use
- Great designs
- Outdated & buggy website interface
- No community
- Poor support
6) Panzoid 8/10
Visit Panzoid (Clipmaker 2): https://panzoid.com/tools/clipmaker
Many people claim that Panzoid is the best intro maker. This is very much debatable.
As soon as you visit the software’s official website, you see that it is old school. It works, but it feels slow and clunky.
One of the best things about Panzoid is the software’s community. On their website, you’ll find various animations that have been produced by other users. This is without a doubt their strongest feature.
The Panzoid community can give you an idea of what can be achieved with the software as well as motivation & inspiration.
The biggest problem with the Panzoid is the fact that it is nearly impossible to use. This software will take you hours to figure out and finally export a video, if you ever do.
Everything is difficult with Panzoid, if you ever get it working fluidly.
- It’s free
- Large community of users
- Offer 3D video intros
- Very difficult to use
- The website is old school & hard to navigate
7) IntroChamp 5/10
Visit IntroChamp: http://introchamp.com/
IntroChamp wants to be different, but it isn’t.
In fact, it closely resembles Ivipid.
As soon as you visit the website, you’ll see that their site looks old and outdated. This isn’t always a bad thing, but it kind of is here.
There is some good news though.
The program offers nearly 300 templates, which is plentiful.
Plus, you don’t have to worry about paying a monthly subscription, since they only support video exports (some might argue that this is bad).
And of course, the software doesn’t require any tech know-how. With just a few quick clicks, you’ll have your video created and ready to upload to YouTube. The download link will be delivered to your email.
Be ready to spend a little extra time uploading the video to YouTube on your own. MotionDen surpasses IntroChamp in this category since it can deliver the video automatically for you, with just the touch of a button
IntroChamp is affordable. Nevertheless, it is cheap for a reason. The customization options are severely limited.
You can select the basic template, change up the text, and adjust the audio. Other than that, you’re truly out of luck.
On pricing: You’ll pay a standard price for 720p videos and for 1080p videos you’ll be required to purchase a video upgrade. The price is affordable, but you shouldn’t expect a great deal for the price. The freedom provided to the user is really disappointing.
- Easy to use
- Allow single purchases
- Outdated, poor video designs
- Outdated, poor website interface
- Feature limited
- No free video option
- Don’t offer subscription plans
8) Flixpress 6.7/10
Visit Flixpress: https://flixpress.com
When you land on the official website for FlipXpress, you’ll agree that it looks amazing. You’ll see the number of registered users and the number of videos created. You probably wouldn’t be surprised if these numbers were fabricated.
Nevertheless, the website helps to make FlipXpress very alluring. Plus, the software claims to give users the ability to create a video for less than a dollar a month.
The processing time for videos is also highly touted. Most are ready in just 2 minutes or less.
What is not to like?
Plus, FliXPress is capable of creating a wide assortment of videos, including YouTube intros, ads, slideshows, and even video explainers.
While FlipXpress does a lot, it does very little exceptionally well. The entry level plans are very cost-effective, but incredibly limited.
To get the most out of FlipXpress, you’re going to need to upgrade to the more expensive plan. You’ll quickly discover that the upgrade isn’t worth it.
First and foremost, the tool is sadly difficult to use. This cannot be the best intro maker, because it is so annoying to use.
Plus, the customizable options are surprisingly limited. For the price, you’d really think you’d get more for your money, but Flixpress just doesn’t deliver the bang for the buck.
It has plenty of video designs and templates, but the videos produced are not spectacular. They look somewhat ugly and unprofessional.
If you sincerely care about your business or YouTube channel, you definitely want to look for something far more versatile and innovative.
In the least, you’ll want a program that can at least create sleek videos.
- The longest-running video maker service among all
- Extensive video library
- Videos are outdated
- The editor could be improved vastly
9) Tube Arsenal 4/10
Visit Tube Arsenal: http://tubearsenal.com/
Tube Arsenal is the newest video creation tool available online. So far, it has been utilized only a limited number of times, but those that have utilized it to create their videos have been fairly impressed. The great benefit of Tube Arsenal is it does not require any type of experience, as well as software.
Users have the option of purchasing a 720P video for the base price of $9 and for an additional $2 you can buy the HD 1080p. The prices vary from template to template, but they all seem fairly reasonable. The good thing is you do not have to worry about paying a monthly subscription, which is always a plus.
The available templates are a little limited, so you may or may not find something that will suit your needs or preferences, but again this is a new service. After choosing a template, you will need to create a project name and title. Positioning the title and website name in the video is as easy as choosing a position and rotation degree.
The website is limited, as the servicer offers a free walkthrough, but when you click on it, you redirected back to the template.
Users also cannot test the product until they create an account, which some people may find inconvenient. You'll also have the option of previewing the finished product in movie or still form. You have to download it first, which takes anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes tops.
When comparing MotionDen to Tube Arsenal, there truly is no comparison. Even MotionDen’s website is a step above TubeArsenal, the layout is simplistic, but very detailed.
User reviews are listed under each template, so you can get an idea of whether or not the buyer was satisfied with their purchase.
Users also have the option of removing the watermark for an additional $5, so they can claim the custom video as your own.
- It works
- Website interface is poor
- Videos are poorly designed
- Video editor is difficult to use
- Videos take time to finish
Which online intro maker do you plan on using?
Found other online intro maker tools? Leave them in the comments for our readers to see.